Established in 1989 by Mowbray and Doris Sifton, the Sifton Family Foundation has provided more than $3.3 million in endowments to date. Providing grants three times a year, in the categories of families, youth, children, seniors, persons with disabilities and a special interest in teen pregnancy to encourage youth to stay in school and prepare for a successful future, the Foundation continues to shape our communities. The Sifton Family Foundation further supports the community by matching contributions to charities made by employees of Sifton Properties Limited.
Some recent community contributions made by the Sifton Family Foundation include:
- Donated $25,000 to fund construction of a labyrinth at the London Home Builders’ Association (LHBA) Cancer Survivor’s Garden. The labyrinth is the major focal point of the garden, with its winding paths representing the journey of cancer survival.
- Supported the London Public Library with funding for the new Stoney Creek branch
- Supported local health care with numerous donations to London hospitals
- Provided funding for the elevator at St. Joseph’s Resident Hospice
- Supported the Alzheimer’s Society of London and Middlesex with a kitchen for their Outreach Program