Over the last 3.5 months, Sifton employees, led by a dedicated group of Campaign Committee staff members from across the company, gave back to the community during the 2016/2017 United Way Campaign. At the beginning of the Campaign, the Committee announced the goal for the year of $50,000, up from the goal of $45,000 the previous year. This year they were faced with a unique challenge, as the Sifton head office team was moving, which required all hands on deck and a whole lot of attention and energy. Throughout the campaign, Sifton teams participated in a variety of fundraising events, activities and volunteer work.
November 1st – February 15th
- Contributed 120 boots during the Give Cold Feet the Boot Drive
- Donated backpacks and school materials in the Back Pack Drive
- Volunteered at Sari Therapeutic Riding
- The RiverBend team hosted a Western themed dinner for Bridges Out of Poverty
- Showcased some of Sifton’s talented employees in the Sifton’s Got Talent Raffle
- Sold Rheo Thompson chocolates
- Raised over $27,000 through employee donations and 2017 payroll deduction commitments
- Held BBQs, casual days, raffles, ugly sweater parties, baby gender reveal contests and more!
The United Way Committee is pleased to announce that Sifton surpassed their goal of $50,000 and raised a total of $68,500 for the United Way! This would not have been possible without the leadership of the United Way Campaign Committee, the participation and kindness of Sifton employees and the generosity of the Sifton Family Foundation.
2016/2017 United Way Committee members
- Jennifer Miller (Chair)
- Tara Block – Head Office
- Matt Egan – One London Place
- Dave Bettencourt – Longworth
- Tara Reycraft – RiverBend
- Caitlyn Hunter – RiverBend
- Gomer Robinson – London Residential Rentals
- Heather Rex – London Residential Rentals
- Bibiana Jackson – Richmond Woods
- Megan Corfield – New Homes