Retirement is a time for celebration. You can finally enjoy your retirement to the fullest, with no worries about work or mundane routines. It’s time to start doing all those exciting things you never had time for before!
For some people, retirement can seem like unknown territory; wondering how to fill your days and if you can afford it is natural. Your mind might start racing with the possibilities of what you could do in retirement. Are you excited or nervous? It’s okay either way, because every emotion is valid! But, enjoying the best years of your life and looking back fondly over your accomplishments is what retirement is all about.
Find the Perfect Retirement Community For Your Lifestyle
If you’re still feeling a little uneasy about your retirement years, we’ve compiled a list of inspiring retirement quotes that will help put your mind at ease and allow you to look forward to this glorious and relaxing stage of life!
- “Retirement is more fun than work, and you never have to make excuses.” – Unknown
- “Life is a combination of magic and pasta.” – Federico Fellini
- “Life is your artwork. Create it! No one else can do it for you. You create it by seeing life, and living it to its fullest.” – Max Ehrmann
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
- “Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home — forever.” – Gene Perret
- “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
- “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
Related Article: Settling into Your Sifton Retirement Lifestyle
- “You don’t stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stopped laughing.” – Michael Pritchard
- “Don’t simply retire from something; have something to retire to.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “And in that time of tranquility, he found many things which were good and many more which were not.” – Buddha
- “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “The greatest gift you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.” – Brian Tracy
- “To be idle is sometimes an excellent way of being busy.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” – Unknown
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.” – Samuel Beckett
- “Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.” – Gene Perret
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Related Article: 6 Retirement Activities to Keep You Active and Engaged as You Age
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
- “You’ve got to keep willing to have your own dreams come true.” – Leonard Nimoy
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
- “If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” – Albert Einstein
- “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather
- “There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit.” – Robert Woodruff
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. So does falling in love and so does running away from home.” – Chinese proverb
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
- “Age is only a number, a cipher for the records. A man can’t retire his experience. He must use it. Experience achieves more with less energy and time.” – Bernard Baruch
- “Retirement is the only time in your life when time no longer equals money.” – Unknown
- “What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Find a Retirement Community: Why Choose Sifton
Retirement is a time to rest, relax and reflect on the things we’ve done with our careers and families and how it has shaped who we are today. These inspiring retirement quotes are enough to get anybody excited about the golden years of life and start reviewing possible retirement options.
If you’re looking for ways to spend your golden years, we offer retirement lifestyle opportunities tailored to your needs with the choice of either Retirement Residence living or Retiree Apartment Rentals. Each of our 5 retirement communities feature customizable wellbeing services, gourmet dining experiences and engaging social events all designed to keep you connected and active during this new stage in life.